Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Corn Maize

I love this time of year! A family in our ward owns a corn maze here in the area. It has become a yearly thing for us. We went last year a few times and this year Kassi has been waiting and waiting for me to call Sis. Billings to see if the pumpkins were ready yet so we could go. Melissa and I took the girls this afternoon. We had a great time. They have the corn maze, hayride to pumpkin patch, cow train, duck boat races, pig races, a huge box full of corn kernels, and this year they had bunch of ducks. This was a big hit with the girls. They just loved chasing and catching the poor things. The whole little flock was under a minivan trying to hide from the kids. One or two would venture out to be caught. We also ran into Kassi's old soccer coach and her daughter Zoe. So many friends to play with. The other big hit with the girls was Oscar Hinkledinkle the clown (aka Bro. Bates) also from our ward. Now everyone knows I hate clowns, even my girls. They kept asking me if I was scared, I said no because I knew who it was. Kassi was a little timid at first too until I told her it was Raegan's grandpa then she was all over him. They couldn't get enough and he kept making them balloon animals. He even went on the hayride with us. We picked out two huge pumpkins and two tiny baby pumpkins. They were so excited. Melissa and I were pooped out, but had to venture into the corn maze for the girls it was the last thing they hadn't done yet. Melissa knew one of the "corn cops" and asked him to come in after us after 10 minutes to help us out. Thank goodness because we would have been in there forever. They also have a Haunted Woods trail that we may come back and go through with the hubby's next weekend. Should be fun. Sorry about another montage, but I had so many pictures I didn't know which ones to post so it was the easiest way show all of them!
 
Bailee loved catching the ducks
 
 
I like this no swearing sign.
 
Kassi nervously holding a duck, which is surprising considering she will pick up or squish any bug or worm on the planet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sabra said...

YOu guys are always finding fun things to do. I love that swearing sign too!

Also, I like the update on the side of your blog...so cute.

The Sparks said...

Great minds think alike.....no great minds use the same website. LOL I have the same background on my blog!

It looks like the girls had a great time, we're going next week and can't wait!